The Island Inn has been welcoming visitors to the area since 1926!
Originally known as the Beinn Mara Lodge, and later as the Tartan Terrace Inn, the Inn is situated on a hill overlooking a quiet lake in the village centre. It is within close walking distance of commercial amenities and short drives of the areas major attractions.
The view from the Inn provides an unmatched maritime portrait framed in the background by the highly visible Atlantic Ocean and the Middlehead Peninsula on which sits famed and historic Keltic Lodge.
Available nearby are:
- An endless variety of hiking and scenic activities along the fifty miles of rugged accessible coastline and the Highlands of Cape Breton
- 4 Beaches (1 supervised) offering freshwater and ocean swimming
- Exploring waterfalls
- Cape Breton Highlands Golf Course – one of the best in Canada
- Birding and Wildlife viewing
- Whale Watching
- Scenic Sky Rides – Ski Cape Smokey
And much more including wilderness camping, fishing, beach combing etc.